Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Dates still happen!

Last night I went on a real, bonafide date! It was wonderful. And the best part was that I forgot about it.

You see, sometime last week Mike and I were watching television like we so often do and a married couple on tv was talking about how they needed to still go on dates even though they were married. I think it may have been Hal and Lois on Malcolm in the Middle. Anyway, I remember turning to Mike and saying, "Yeah, we should go on a date!" And then Mike said, "I would like to take you out on a date on Tuesday." And then we shook on it like you do for any important deal or arrangement.

Well, the weekend passed and so did Monday and most of Tuesday. I had forgotten about our deal until Mike called on his way home from work Tuesday evening. "Be ready to leave for our date when I get home," Mike told me. Oh happy day! The date that I forgot about was now a surprise date! The best kind!

He got home and we left for dinner. We went to Henry's Root Beer Stand. I enjoyed a hot dog with everything--ketchup, mustard, relish, and onions--fries and a sprite. How's that for a sexy date? Mike ordered a bacon double cheeseburger, fries, and a root beer. Both were yummy. We ate at a picnic table outside. I have a feeling we will be frequenting them quite a bit this summer. :)

Part two of our date continued its 50s flair with a stop at Ryan Family Amusements for a little bowling fun. Turns out they have duckpin bowling at the one in Taunton, not regular bowling. It was hilarious. It's like bowling with bocci balls. Poor Mike needed some bumpers in the gutters. I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't tried it yet. It's much more difficult to control your bowling ball!

The night ended at the movies. We finally went to see A Lot Like Love. It was cute. Not great, but it was an appropriate date movie. We had fun because we snuck candy into the theatre. Shh...don't tell anyone! We couldn't help it, though. The theatre at Silver City Galleria doesn't carry SnoCaps or Raisinets! What kind of theatre are they? I mean come on! Those are movie theatre staples as far as I'm concerned, not to mention our favorite movie candies!

Well, that's it. It's nice to have dates even when you live together and have been in a relationship for nearly 3 and a half years. Here's to many more to come!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me and Tin saw A Lot Like Love last night! I was a big fan, but thats just because i am infatuated with Ashton Kutcher :)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home