Monday, February 28, 2005

Oscar Weekend

I've been completely and utterly lazy this weekend. As I noted on Friday, my workshop was cancelled, so I decided to forget there was such a thing as school. I didn't touch my homework (which kind of screws me for tomorrow), but I spent a lot of time catching up on my Oscar nominated movies. I don't really know why I watch the Oscars. I think they are a lot of fun, but the people I want to win seldom do. Here's my quick critique of just a few awards:

*Best Actor should have gone to Don Cheadle. Granted I didn't see Ray, but Hotel Rwanda was just an amazing movie.

*The Aviator won entirely too many awards. It was alright, but being 3 hours long, I fell asleep for the last half hour of it. I do think Cate Blanchett deserved her award, though, she was excellent.

*I would have liked to see Best Actress go to Catalina Sandino Moreno, but I was not surprised to see it go to Hilary Swank. Million Dollar Baby was a good movie.

*Although I didn't really think it stood a chance, I was really hoping Best Picture would have gone to Finding Neverland. At least The Aviator didn't get its hands on that award, too.

Overall, an enjoyable Oscar experience. It was nice that it ended before midnight, but some of the formatting changes were a little strange. For example, some people didn't get to go on stage when accepting their award? Poor people kinda got shafted with that one. Also, I would have liked to have seen the silent snipets of animated shorts and what not. I think it's interesting to get a glimpse of what they are about so that I might be more interested in watching them.

Anyway, enough of my rattling on. Good night and...

Happy Trails...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, Amy. I got to you from your friend Tina. I've been a fan of her blog for a little while now. And she recommended you, so there you go.

I'm somewhat proficient with Blogger html, so if you need any layout help, let me know (although there are much better people than me to help you, I can do most of the simple stuff.

So, welcome to the 'sphere (that's "blogosphere"), and if you want some elementary blogging info, go here.Or here.Or here.Enjoy. I look forward to coming back here many times.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, you can always tell people who complain about your font size to just hit ctrl-+. (Or, for those Mac users out there, Apple-+).

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home