Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I thought I moved out of the dorm...

Oh joy. Here's the deal about me. I used to be an RA at Salve, which I think I mentioned in my last post. I quit mid-year (at the end of last semester) because I wasn't getting homework done. Too many distractions, too much extra responsibility. I moved in with my boyfriend of 3 years, 3 months (exactly, as of today) in an apartment roughly an hour from campus. We live in an 3-floor house on the third floor. There are two apartments on the third floor, the other of which has been vacant since before my boyfriend moved in back in July. Well, just recently we got a neighbor. The apartment was rented out to a girl about my age. I think this is her first time living on her own. She enjoys hard rock. I don't mind hard rock, or music in general. In fact, I love music. BUT, not when it's loud enough to seep into other people's apartments.

I have to admit, I don't take kindly to change. I need a period of adjustment and you kind of have to prove yourself to me before I will like you. I don't deny that I've had a negative attitude about getting a neighbor from the get-go, but this girl isn't making it any easier for me. If anything, she is validating my concerns. In an attempt to make me more open-minded, my boyfriend (who has met her, I have not yet) told me that when he met her she seemed very nice and said "don't be afraid to say something if I'm being too noisy." Ok, back up. If that isn't a red flag, I don't know what is.

That off my chest, I am off. Well, off with my post. I have to do a little homework and studying (if possible with the noise...) and then I need to buy some new clothes/shoes for my internship so I can look pretty and stuff. Haha.

Happy Trails...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home