Monday, May 16, 2005

The Rumor Is True!

Well, well, well. What a day of days! I got a phone call this afternoon from my mom telling me that my sister and her longtime fiance finally got married last Friday! Congratulations Mary and Andy!

While discussing their new marriage, though, my mom and I got on the topic once again of when Mike was finally going to propose to me. Mike and I have talked about it sooo many times! Well, as of today my wait is officially over! Mike and I are in fact engaged! The ring is absolutely beautiful and it's a perfect fit! It's a .65 carat diamond in a round brilliant cut with a platinum band. (The only reason I know the specifics of carat size is because the ring came with this whole quality certificate that talked about all of that sort of stuff.) Oh, and yeah, it's from Tiffany's. Heehee. It's awful purty. :)

Silly Mikey actually managed to surprise me, too. He took half of a day off of work and surprised me shortly after my shower by ringing the doorbell. Haha. I actually almost didn't answer it because nobody just randomly comes over. But it rang twice so I threw on sweats and his button down from the day before and left the towel on my head and went down to answer the door. Mike was standing there with his hands behind his back and this nervous little smile on his face. He told me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him! :) I actually didn't even say "yes" right away because I was so shocked that he was able to surprise me! I just hugged and kissed him and asked him why he wasn't at work. Haha. I know, I'm romantic. He actually had to ask me if I was saying "yes." Silly boy, he should have known it was a big old YES before he even asked it!

Well, we called our family and a few friends and then went out to buy a wedding etiquette book (so I can learn to be proper) and my first useful wedding magazine. I say 'useful' because I don't even know how many wedding magazines I have already bought in my lifetime, but I've never truly needed one until now. :) It's so exciting!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amy! ^__^ That's great news! I can only imagine how happy you are. Now Mike is my bother-in-law-to-be... heh heh ^^

And just think, I've only got a couple years until I catch up with you! Hahhahah

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home