Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I'm sick of thinking of titles

Hi all. Classes and internship have officially started. So far so good, but it's really too early to say that. I have the same people in nearly all of my classes. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Makes it comfortable, I suppose, but the same faces over and over gets a little boring. I'd like the opportunity to meet people still. No offense intended to any of my fellow classmates! I guess that's what religion will be for. I don't know people in that class, with the exception of...3? But somehow I don't quite see that as a class to make friends... Just a hunch.

Once again I find myself wishing I was closer to or actually on campus. I'm down in Newport Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesdays are as follows: Class 9:30-1:45, break for lunch? homework?, Class 3:30-4:45. Thursdays are the same except classes don't end until 7:30. Yeesh. So yeah, I'm in classes pretty much the whole day each day I'm down which doesn't allow for much visiting of friends. I swear I will not lose touch with friends. I want to make sure I still hang out with them from time to time.

Taunton is almost like living in isolation. If it weren't for Mike, I'd go crazy here. Oh wait, though, I don't have Mike. Well, not this week at least. :( Life is awfully lonely without him. He's living it up in Portland, Oregon until Friday night. That's right, baby, he's away on business. :P I hate his business trips. Poor guy, though. This past Sunday, the day before he left town, he got himself some first and second degree burns from some hot oil while cooking. Nothing like a trip to the emergency room with the world's worst support system (i.e. me). It's not that I'm not supportive really. Not that I don't want to be at least. I just suck at medical emergencies. Even something as simple as a burn. Ooh swelling! Ooh redness! Ooh blisters! Yeah, I can joke about it now, but when faced with it I turn into a mushy pile of uselessness. It's great. Really. You should try being like that sometime.

Jumping topics, I'll be down in Newport for Convocation tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm receiving the Regina Scholarship again. (Yes!) My presence was requested by Dr. Trainor, as the email said. Afterwards I'll probably be hanging around the library for a while working on my homework. Yippee. Really, though, I want to keep on top of that. This year there is no room for falling behind. No opportunity for catch-up.

Yesterday I was happy to find my prize waiting for me in my mailbox. I entered a contest on Craftster. This was my entry. I came in fourth, but that's fine with me. The top five all received the same prize. I'm pretty excited about it. As you all know from reading this blog, I love knitting and now this will help me learn how to design my own patterns. Yay! You guys might see an Amy Original posted on here sometime soon!

To resurrect my old sign off -- Happy Trails...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home