Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Summer...

Look what you've done to me! I really, truly, and completely have become nothing but lazy. Life has been monotonous, but the last thing I want to do is go back to school. It sucks when you're this close and you just want to quit. And it's not for some deep reason or anything. I'm just ready for a change and sick of school. I just don't want to do it. Period. That's it. I will, however, be going back which means Hell for about 9 months. Ugh.

I don't really know what went wrong this summer. It was nice. I didn't have a job, I spent a month in Michigan with my family. I even got a little surprise extra time in Michigan because Mike had to go back for a funeral (his grandfather passed away last Monday) and I went with him. This trip took place last Tuesday and was the perfect opportunity for me to make this:

I suppose if you scroll through my blog you'll see I've been busy with crafting, which has been great. I even have a few more things I haven't posted yet. One is a silly little fluffy purse that I knit for a wedding. (Yes, that wedding, if you read my other post.) And I also made some pillow covers which you can see here.

I currently have Mike's sweater still on my needles as well as a shrug to match the halter top a few posts down. Hopefully both can be finished by fall so they can get some use this year. That would be nice.

In other news, this has a been a big year for my family it seems. First, Mary and Andy tied the knot on May 13th (I think, or was it the 14th? Uh-oh, now I'm not sure). Then, Mike and I got engaged on May 16th. (We now have a wedding date, too--October 7, 2006.) But now, Lucy and Hassan got married this past weekend on the 13th.

Sheesh, I'm really wandering in this post. Perhaps I should just stop. I'm thinking that I may have done better this summer if there was more structure, so who knows, I just might be happy to get back to school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home