Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I've been hit

By evil blogger comment spam!! I'd heard about this, even seen it on other blogs, but until now have been able to escape it. I had to delete SIX spam comments from the previous post!!! I hate spam! I was just having this conversation with Mike a few days ago. Well, not about this exact topic, but about people who have jobs like this. How can someone work for a living doing this sort of crap?? I could never! Knowing how much people loathe spam, how could you live with yourself? I guess the problem is, there's a lot of people in this world who do a lot of things that (I'm hoping this will be a true statement) most of us would find to weigh heavily on our consciences.

This being said, I am now watching my comments extremely closely! It sucks because I get few comments as it is. I don't really want to deter people from commenting (isn't that half the fun? Finding out people read and liked your blog??), but I may have to set some controls and either: a) allow only registered users (which blocks out my family and nearly all of my friends. Besides, one of the spam comments was from a user...ugh!) or b) simply not allow comments at all. Neither of those options sit very well with me, so I may have to just do as I am doing now and keep my eye out for the stupid spam and just delete it as it comes. How obnoxious.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Amy. Nice purse with the fluffy stuff on it...niiiice. Oh speaking of fluffy...im getting a new kitten today....

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How obnoxious. Spammers suck. All they are are people with no lives what-so-ever...

anyways, I like your new icon, it's cute. Who drew it? Looks like they did it on paint, which is cool :3
~Laura

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home