Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I'm Ba-ack!

Wow, so who thought they'd ever see my return to blogger? Come on, anyone even still checking at this point? No? I don't blame you! Haha. Well, whatever the case may be, I intend to pick up where I left off. Sort of. I intend to just "pick up" is porbably better.

Quick catch up (and I mean quick...bare bones details right now): Pretty much from the time of my last post till just about now I was in Michigan. I was back at Whistle Stop part time and planning my wedding full time. Whistle Stop=tons of fun and I'm sad to see it go. Wedding planning=kind of a pain in the ass, but, honestly, worth every second of it. So the big day was Saturday, October 7. Again, I'm keeping the details scarce right now so that I can move right along. I will say that it was an amazing day, though. Perfect weather...mid 60s and sunny. Nice short ceremony (since it had to be religious ), BEAUTIFUL reception. We were going for an autumn harvest ball kind of look and it was achieved thanks to the wonderful professionals (mainly the Hangs) who were able to turn my words into perfection. Mike and I left for our Disney World Honeymoon the following Monday, October 9th. Quick word to the wise: DO NOT GO ON YOUR HONEYMOON DIRECTLY AFTER YOUR WEDDING UNLESS YOU ARE SUPERMAN AND SUPERWOMAN. You will be tired and cranky and needing rest, therefore missing out on half the fun. Mike and I wish we would have had a week in between, but there were several reasons for it working out the way it did and we just made the best of it. Still very fun, but could have been better had we been well-rested.

That just about brings us to the present. We got back from the honeymoon late on Monday, Oct. 16. Mike flew back to Taunton the following evening. I packed up everything and drove out this past Saturday. We are currently living in a pile of rubble because we have no room for anything in our apartment (sometimes not even for us I think). I don't mean to burst any engaged couples' bubbles with this next comment, but be prepared for no magical "I'm married-ness" to wash over you. You'd think you should feel all different, but you don't. You're the same people in the same relationship only with one extra ring each. Not that I'm complaining really. We had a great relationship so it's not like we needed anything different from marriage. We're still happy together and all of that. I think it will set in more around the holidays (mainly Christmas) when we go home and stay at the same place. In the past Mike has gone to his house and I've gone to mine. Now we both have to be at the same place. Time to juggle quality time with both families. That's going to be interesting. But more on that when the time comes I suppose. I will try not to be pessimistic from the start.

Ready for more of the romantic in me to come out? (That's meant to be funny, but don't worry, Mike has enough romance in him for the both of us.) I think the best part of getting married is having health insurance again! I have been without for almost the past two years. I could always go to Salve's clinic while in school, but it didn't include dental, vision, or prescriptions. Very bad. And although they could do gyno exams, if anyone currently at Salve is reading this, I highly recommend NOT going to them for that! I've never hurt or bled after a gyno until I went to the one at Salve. Sorry if that's a little too much information, but it helps drive home my happiness over health insurance. Yay!

One last quick thing to slip in before I sign off for now. Since the end of September I have been interviewing for what could quite possibly be a dream job for me. I had my second interview yesterday and should know by the end of next week if they're going to hire me. Keep your fingers crossed everyone because I need to make money! And it's always better to make money doing something you like. Haha, plus, it sounds like this job might offer even better benefits than Mike's (although glad to have health insurance, his is an HMO and I'm still holding out for a PPO again...), so who knows!

Happy Trails!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

wheww! That was a long one. It took a while to show up on our computer, too... Anyways, again, good luck with the job ^_^

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Came to your blog through craftster. I also just recently got married, and I guess I'm not much of a romantic either but I had a lot of the same feelings you described! We tied our wedding and honeymoon together by having a destination wedding... and that meant our parents were there for half of it! Plus I was frazzled in paradise!

And hooray for health insurance, congratulations on that one! I used to go to the clinic at my school, also a terrible time.

Congratulations on your new job too, that must be so awesome to work for the ACLU!

Cheers :)
the_christine

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home