Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Talk about nerve-wracking!

So I just got a phone call about an hour ago and I'm still trying to calm myself a bit. As you know from my previous post, I've been interviewing for a job I really want. I had a phone interview late September and then an in-person interview with the executive director a week ago. This phone call today was from the executive director asking me to come in for yet another interview BECAUSE he's narrowed it down to TWO candidates...one of whom is me. Eek! I go in tomorrow at 5:30. He said it would be brief and he asked me to bring my portfolio again. For any of you social work majors reading this, yes, I mean that portfolio. The giant one we all complained about putting together. Well, that obnoxious portfolio just might be what gets me the job in the end, so it was worth all of the hours and sleepless nights. He'd already said he was impressed with my statistical analyses when I went in a week ago. Thank you, Salve, for the research classes! I suppose it helps that I liked those classes, but still... I've decided that even if I don't get this job, I'm still very happy about where I'm at. I mean, think about it. This is my first "real" job that I'm interviewing for. The first time my resume has been looked at by a potential employer. All for a job I truly want! And I've been told out of however many candidates (there were 6 days of round 2 interviews) that I'm good enough to make it to the top two in the group. Of course, landing the job would make this whole experience even better, but I'm happy with the progress so far!

Happy Trails...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home